As most of you may have noticed, I’m all for quick, easy meals! But while I’m looking for ways to cut corners on prep and cook time, I have to be conscious of the ingredients I’m using to ensure they are good for ye old waistline. Now, there’s one thing you should know about me – I love Mexican food. But what I really mean when I say I love Mexican food – I love ground beef or chicken taco’s and fajitas, Mexican rice and chips and salsa. Refried beans? Yuck. Steak tacos? Not so much (too hard to eat). Fish tacos? Nasty. Enchilada’s? Yea, they’re OK… but only when my mom makes them.
So with all that in mind, let’s discuss an uber quick, little to no prep Mexican dish that will take you only a few minutes to prepare. And it’s pretty healthy too!
- Prepared Fajita Chicken Strips
- I bought this John Soules Foods brand at Sam’s Club this past week. They are Gluten Free, Hormone Free, Steroid Free and already cut into fajita strips
- Pre-sliced bell pepper strips
- These are from Trader Joe’s. Perfect for fajitas!
- Fajita Seasoning (I like the reduced sodium)
- If you would like, you can make your own fajita seasoning – I’ve wanted to try this one that uses no cornstarch and basic seasonings you probably already have in your cupboard
- You will also need water for this!
- 100% Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Heat chicken strips in frying pan on medium to medium-high heat
- After a few minutes, add bell pepper strips to pan… cook until crisp
- Add water and fajita seasoning to pan (this packet requires 1/3 cup… I tend to put a little less in so that it’s not runny… but you can do it to your preference)
- Stir until well combined
- Place chicken and veggies on whole wheat tortilla and enjoy!
Additional toppings to consider:
- Black Olives
- Sour Cream
- Taco Sauce
Quick and easy, right? I’m so excited for these chicken strips – I think they’ll be perfect for a lot of meals and salads! A perfect way to add some extra protein to your meals!
What are your favorite quick, healthy recipes?