It’s been quite the break I’ve had from my little blog here and there’s really no good excuse for it. Simply put: life’s gotten in the way and I’ve been a bad blogger. I’ve hit the point of less than 3 months until the wedding and the items on my to-do list keep adding up while not much is getting crossed off. Pair that with some busy times at work [including my first trip to Chicago], a house refinance and additional side work for friends, and you’ve got a girl who’s just pooped out. But really, I’m not blaming all that on my blog neglect… I really have no excuse.
My last wedding update came about a month and a half ago and while I’ve had a chance to get some items crossed off, most of them still remain. Below is the list I had on April 15th – those that have a strike through them are completed. Go me!
Meet with florists for bouquets, corsages and boutonniere’s
- Buy accessories for myself [veil, shoe clips, necklace and earrings]
- Meet with hair and makeup artists to determine day-of look
- Figure out wedding party gifts and purchase
- Buy candy and jars for candy buffet
- Finalize centerpiece ideas
Meet with officiant
- Determine ceremony plans [readings, vows, music, etc]
- Finalize bridal party look
Groom and Groomsmen/Ushers’ suits
- Determine music playlist [and do not play list]
- Determine mini-moon location; book reservations
Purchase wedding bands Create/purchase invitations, RSVPs, information cards
- Update wedding website
- Maintain workout schedule and eating healthier [this one is tough…]
Make appt for first dress fitting
- Order flower girl dress and ring bearers suit
As you can see, there’s still a lot to do… and there’s more that needs to be added to the list!
I’ve got my first bridal shower and bachelorette party this upcoming weekend so I’ll be sharing posts next week for those events. Until then, I’ll leave you with this short post. I’ve got my blog schedule ready for this week – so be on the lookout for new posts!