Happy, happy Saturday! As much as I hoped to squeeze in a few more posts this week, it just didn’t happen. Much like last week, it’s been crazy [although not quite as crazy] and it’s just so hard to post after work when it’s all I can do to keep my eyes open long enough to make dinner. I have to do my domestic duties, ya know!
I was super excited to log-on a couple of weeks ago and see that Amanda from Notes from a Newlywed nominated for a Liebster Award I got really excited. I think I was most excited to learn that someone other than my co-worker and cousin are reading this little blog of mine. Of course I didn’t follow the rules and repost the questions that went along with the award so maybe I didn’t really deserve it? Then I logged on again on Monday and saw another blogger, Vanessa from Burn Bright also nominated me. You ladies are just too sweet.
For those who don’t know what the Liebster Award is [to be honest, I didn’t until I was nominated], it’s awarded from bloggers to other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers. It’s pretty much a great way to get to know others and recognize and share other up-and-coming blogs. Super cool if you ask me! So what are the rules? Each bloggers asks 10 questions to their nominations, posts 10 random facts about themselves and then nominates 10 other bloggers and asks 10 new questions to them.
So, are we ready to get to know me a little bit better? Let’s do this. Oh, and be prepared for a lengthy post! 🙂
10 Random Facts about ME!
– My mom, sister and cousin are my best friends
– I love setting goals [I love more when I achieve them]
– I’m obsessed with stationery and my dream job would be to start my own stationery line [and blog all about it, of course]
– I used to hate the color gold and now I’m obsessed with all things gold
– I’m a super picky eater
– My dream job used to be an event planner but after planning my wedding I realized I liked my weekends too much to give them up
– If I went back to school for anything it would be for graphic design
– I’m a firm believer in lists – to-do lists, bucket lists, travel lists, grocery lists… you name it, I’ll make a list of it
– I love to sleep… it’s one of my absolute favorite things to do
– My favorite outfits consist of skinny jeans, an oversized sweater and a cute scarf
Now – to my answers from each blogger who nominated me. Let’s start with Amanda from Notes from a Newlywed:
1. What makes you happiest?
Being with my family, friends and dog, Pebbles. Also, spending time doing things I love, like reading, blogging, photography, etc.
2. What’s your favorite musician or band?
I love Eric Church! He’s such an amazing artist and entertainer.
3. What guilty pleasure TV show do you watch?
Sadly enough it has to be Teen Mom 2 on MTV. It’s only that season though [not the cast of Teen Mom 1 or Teen Mom 3].
4. In high school, who were you? [nerd, athlete, etc.]
I’m not sure what I would classify myself as? I hung out with all different groups of people… so I guess you could call me a drifter?
5. What is a little known fact about you?
I’m one of the least athletic people you’ll ever meet.
6. What do you think is your best quality?
My work ethic.
7. In three words describe your everyday style.
Laid-back, comfortable, understated
8. All time favorite restaurant?
Oh, that’s a toughy because it consistently changes. I’ll say Ichiban’s is one of my favorites. [it’s a Japanese Steakhouse in downtown Minneapolis – a must try for anyone visiting the Twin Cities]
9. What is the ultimate date for you?
Something that involves a little adventure or activity. In all honestly, I’d rather be in jeans and t-shirt than dressed up in a dress and heels.
10. Do you cook? If so, what’s your go-to, favorite recipe?
I’m trying to cook more, which means trying new recipes. Right now I’d say my “go-to” recipe would be Chicken Wild Rice soup… it’s the perfect winter recipe!
11. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
Another tough question! Right now I would probably say Australia or the Greek Isles… or really anywhere that’s a warm climate sounds wonderful!
And now to Vanessa from Burn Bright‘s questions:
1. Who is the biggest influence in your life, and why?
I’d say my mom. I look back on how young she was when she had three kids and how hard she and my dad worked to make our lives so great growing up. She didn’t have a college degree and is one of the top employees at her work. She’s also the nicest person anyone will ever meet – she has a heart of gold.
2. If you could sing one song, and sing it incredibly well, what would it be?
Can I just say I wish I could sing every song well? I have no musical talent. Period.
3. What do you most want to learn how to do before you die?
How to live for today instead of always thinking about the future [I spend far too much time focused on the future instead of always being present in the now].
4. What is your most prized childhood memory?
Boating on the St. Croix River every weekend in the summer. That is my absolute favorite pastime and I hope that I can offer my future children the same type of memories.
5. What’s your favorite meal to make, and your favorite meal to be served?
My Chicken Wild Rice soup recipe is my favorite to make… I also like making my grandma’s barbecues. Favorite meal to be served? The perfect steak with mashed potatoes and fresh, steamed veggies. Yum!
6. Describe your perfect day.
Sleeping until I wake up without an alarm and getting out of bed when I’m ready… followed up by a stroll through the farmers market, exploring the city and taking tons of photos… enjoying a coffee at a cute little coffee shop and blogging for a bit. Taking in a bike ride and then cooking dinner on the grill, eating on the deck with a glass of wine and ending the day with a good book before calling it a day and heading to bed. Aww…. if only every day could be like that. [can you tell I’m excited for summer to get here?]
7. What was your last dream about?
Sadly enough it was a work dream. I can’t recall all the details but I remember waking up in a panic that I forgot to do something.
8. Why did you start blogging?
I just love the idea of having a creative outlet and writing about topics that interest me. I’ve always loved writing so a blog was the perfect way to keep me encouraged to write. Plus I LOVE the design aspects of blog and hope to eventually meet with some other bloggers. It’s such a fun community of people who blog!
9. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done on purpose? [skydiving, asking your crush out, etc.]
Sadly, nothing scary or crazy comes to mind. Skydiving is on my bucket list so hopefully that gets checked of in the next summer of two [it’ll have to… I only have a little over two years before I turn 30].
10. What’s the one question you would never want to answer honestly?
What my worst trait is! 😉
So here’s the list of blogs I want to nominate for this award:
My list of questions are:
1. If you could have any career in the world [regardless of money and any skill you have] what would it be and why?
2. If you could have lunch with any person [living or deceased], who would it be and what would you ask them?
3. If you could live in any city in the world, where would it be?
4. What are your 5 favorite blogs to read?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. What’s one skill you wish you had?
7. What’s your favorite recipe to make?
8. What’s your favorite book/series?
9. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would it be and why?
10. What’s your favorite topic to blog about?
I can’t wait to get to know some of these ladies a bit better and I hope you have a chance to check their blogs out, too!